Watford – Crystal Palace Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Watford 1-4 Crystal Palace
Date: 23.02.2022 | Match at: 20:30 | League: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 18 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.39 | Bookie: Unibet.
Watford – Crystal Palace Match Preview
- A vital 1-0 victory over Aston Villa at the weekend saw bottom-three Watford end Saturday just four points away from the teams currently sitting just above the Premier League (PL) relegation zone. The comparisons with their previous relegation campaign (2019/20) remain bleak nonetheless, as they sit five points worse off than at the same stage of that ill-fated season.
- Watford’s return of eight losses from their last nine PL matches at Vicarage Road is a pressing concern too. They conceded beyond the 80th minute in each of the last four, meaning that few will read much into what was only Watford’s second clean-sheet win of the season on Saturday – even if the first of those came here against Crystal Palace in the Carabao Cup back in August!
- With several teams owning games in hand over Palace, the ‘Eagles’ themselves need to stub out a current six-game winless streak in the league (D3, L3), if they are to completely rule out a relegation battle. Though Saturday’s 1-0 loss to Chelsea was disappointing after a stoic performance, the fact they held out until the 89th minute will be something of a consolation.
- Where Palace’s away form is concerned, they appear to have paid dearly for the accolade of beating champions Manchester City back in October. The Londoners are winless on their PL travels since (D4, L3), with two of the three score draws in that run seeing Palace concede last.
- Players to watch: Emmanuel Dennis remains Watford’s bright spark in the relegation battle, heading in their weekend winner against Villa. In turn, all three of his headed goals this term have been match openers – as have two of Conor Gallagher’s last three strikes for Palace. Gallagher also rounded off the scoring in the Eagles’ last PL away win.
- Hot stat: Palace are the only PL side not to have scored between the 16th-30th minute when playing away from home.