Cardiff – Derby Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Cardiff 1-0 Derby
Date: 01.03.2022 | Match at: 21:00 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 23 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.48 | Bookie: Unibet.
Cardiff – Derby Match Preview
- While Cardiff City lost 1-0 last time out to confirm back-to-back league defeats for the second time in 2022, holding the runaway league leaders to the fewest shots they’ve managed in a league game this term was at least a positive. And although the ‘Bluebirds’ are now just two places above the drop zone, even the most pessimistic of fans shouldn’t be too worried about relegation as they hold a comfortable 13-point cushion at this stage.
- That gap could be extended as they host fellow strugglers Derby County, a side that Cardiff are unbeaten against in four of the last five home H2Hs (W3, D1). In curious circumstances, Cardiff’s five-game home form perfectly mirrors that H2H home record (W3, D1, L1), and they would welcome a repeat of the last game in that H2H run which was a standout 4-0 success, which coincidently opened their March 2021 schedule.
- There are some positives for Derby County off the pitch as a takeover reportedly edges closer by the day, though Wayne Rooney’s impossible dream of overcoming a -21 point deficit to secure Championship survival is looking less likely following their weekend result. That was a 1-0 loss at Luton which helped Barnsley leapfrog the ‘Rams’, who subsequently remain eight points from safety.
- The travelling Derby faithful will temper their expectations here then after losing a league-high six away games following a drawn first half, which includes three of their last four away league games. In fact, Rooney’s Rams have ran out winners just once in away league games after a drawn first half this season (D4, L6).
- Players to watch: Cardiff’s 6’5” defender and top-scorer Aden Flint (G5) was booked in two of his last four games and also saw yellow in a third (three) of his H2Hs with Cardiff. With captain Tom Lawrence still suspended and on a controversial holiday, Derby could look to their only currently available scorer across the last five away games, Max Bird (G1).
- Hot stat: Cardiff are the only Championship side yet to score in every 15’ interval (no goals between 16’-30’).
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: Cardiff 1-0 Derby Predictions and Betting Tips 01.03.2022"