Mallorca – Real Sociedad Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Mallorca 0-2 Real Sociedad
Date: 02.03.2022 | Match at: 21:00 | League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 21 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.43 | Bookie: Unibet.
Mallorca – Real Sociedad Match Preview
- Mallorca lurched marginally closer to the La Liga (LL) drop zone after proving unable to respond to an early strike from Valencia at the weekend (0-1). That match was their 12th in a row across all competitions to end with a winner either way (W5, L7), and if the ‘Pirates’ were to end up victorious this time, then they would open up an eight-point gap above 18th-placed Alavés.
- Despite Saturday’s disappointment, Mallorca’s form over their previous ten home games remains decent (W4, D4, L2). If there is one potential flaw in the armour, the nature of their half-time team talks remain in question, as none of Mallorca’s five second-half LL home goals have arrived before the 61st minute.
- Real Sociedad moved back to the cusp of the top six after beating Osasuna 1-0 on Sunday, meaning that all but one of their 12 competitive victories registered since the start of October have been accompanied by a clean sheet. Now the Basque outfit will displace Villarrreal in sixth should they repeat their most recent H2H result here (W 1-0, August 2019).
- A victory would see Sociedad complete successive H2H away wins for the first time since May 2003 too, but their away league form has dived since the November international break (D2, L3). Their last away point recovered after conceding first also dates back to 3 October, though Sociedad have still avoided defeat in half of the LL away games in which they have trailed at half-time (W1, D1, L2).
- Players to watch: Salva Sevilla has netted from the spot in two of Mallorca’s last three LL home games. In opposition, Portu still accounts for Sociedad’s sole away league assist in 2022, while each of his last four LL away strikes have been match openers, with three proving decisive.
- Hot stat: Five of Mallorca’s last six matches have seen at least one penalty scored for the home side on the day.