St Etienne – Metz Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
St Etienne 1-0 Metz
Date: 05.03.2022 | Match at: 13:00 | League: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 27 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.37 | Bookie: Unibet.
St Etienne – Metz Match Preview
- Two of Ligue 1’s leading relegation candidates battle it out here in a crucial six-pointer as both St Étienne and Metz sit above the table’s bottom spot by virtue of goal difference only ahead of this round. Coach Pascal Dupraz has breathed new life into this St Étienne team since his appointment back in December as the club look to avoid a first campaign back in Ligue 2 since 2003/04. His 1.25 points collected on average across his eight Ligue 1 games in charge, is of drastic improvement to St Étienne’s 0.67 across the opening 18 matchdays.
- St Étienne’s 3-1 loss away to high-flying PSG last weekend ended what was the club’s longest unbeaten run in three months (W3, D1), but it still continued a recent trend which has seen the team that scored first drop points in their last four league games, and in the last three at home!
- Visiting Metz have registered three goalless draws across their last four Ligue 1 outings (L1), which has contributed to a joint-league high ten draws this campaign (W4, D10, L12). An urgent return to winning ways is needed then and ‘Les Grenats’ will be pinning their hopes on coach Frédéric Antonetti, as he’s claimed more wins versus St Étienne in Ligue 1 than any other side (W13, D9, L8).
- Their away form could also be key in surviving what is shaping up to be one of Europe’s tightest relegation battles, as Metz have lost just one of their previous seven league road trips (W2, D4). They’ll also look to extend their run of three Ligue 1 away clean sheets here, which would mark their longest such run since April 1998!
- Players to watch: In-form Denis Bouanga has been directly involved in St Étienne’s previous three league goals (G1, A2) – all three contributions arrived before the 36th minute. However, Metz’s Farid Boulaya will look to eclipse him after scoring the opener before the tenth minute in two of the last three H2Hs.
- Hot stat: Seven of the last eight Ligue 1 H2Hs have seen the opener scored within 21 minutes.
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: St Etienne 1-0 Metz Predictions and Betting Tips 05.03.2022"