Lille – St Etienne Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Lille 0-0 St Etienne
Date: 11.03.2022 | Match at: 21:00 | League: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 28 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.31 | Bookie: Unibet.
Lille – St Etienne Match Preview
- Lille continued their recovery in Ligue 1 by claiming a fourth consecutive clean sheet in a 4-0 demolition of Clermont on Sunday (W3, D1), provoking dreams that a fourth straight campaign of European football could still be possible. Now just two points adrift of a top-five place ahead of this matchday, manager Jocelyn Gourvennec will be happy that another home match is on the horizon, considering that his side have lost just once across their last 12 Ligue 1 outings at Stade Pierre-Mauroy.
- In fact, only the league’s top two sides (PSG & Nice) have managed to beat Lille on their own turf this season (W6, D5, L2), whilst their H2H home Ligue 1 record versus Saint Étienne this century (W12, D6) should inspire additional confidence of extending that streak here!
- Saint-Étienne claimed a mammoth 1-0 victory against fellow relegation-threatened Metz over the weekend, a result that lifted them out of the drop zone for just the second time since matchday four. The influence of new manager Pascal Dupraz has proven huge, as his side have already secured double the amount of wins under his tutelage (W4, D1, L4) as during the 18 games prior (W2, D6, L10).
- A 3-1 loss to PSG in their last away league game probably did little to dent their confidence, a defeat that did end Saint-Étienne’s brief two-game winning streak on the road. That loss to the league leaders also came despite ‘the Greens’ netting first, a feat that means four of their seven away league games this season that witnessed both teams score, weren’t won by the team who netted first (W1, D2, L1)!
- Players to watch: After scoring last time out, Lille top scorer Jonathan David has struck seven of his 13 league goals before the 32nd minute. Meanwhile, Denis Bouanga scored the winner in Saint-Étienne’s last outing, meaning that four of his five strikes this season have been team-opening goals.
- Hot stat: Lille haven’t conceded more than one goal in a match across the last 14 home league H2Hs.