Blackpool – Sheffield Utd Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Blackpool 0-0 Sheffield Utd
Date: 16.03.2022 | Match at: 20:45 | League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 38 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.40 | Bookie: Unibet.
Blackpool – Sheffield Utd Match Preview
- Not many expected Blackpool to be chasing the playoff spots in their first season back since promotion from League One, but the ‘Seasiders’ are sailing high, ready to extend an eight-way battle for three Championship playoff spots. Another win here will make it four league victories in a row, which is something Blackpool last achieved in a single Championship campaign back in April 2010, en-route to promotion via the playoffs!
- A win would also mark their first season double over Sheffield United since 1976/77, after Blackpool won the reverse fixture 1-0. Bloomfield Road regulars are well versed with that scoreline, as it’s been produced in three of Blackpool’s last five Championship home wins.
- Sheffield United are still in the playoff mix, but a 4-1 weekend loss at Coventry showed the full extent of their vulnerabilities. The ‘Blades’ have now let in seven goals across their last four league games (W1, D1, L2), which is as many as they conceded in their previous 15 matches combined.
- Hopes of a quick recovery are somewhat diluted by the fact that Sheffield United have won just a solitary point from their last three away league games, in a run that includes consecutive losses. In turn, the visitors now risk losing three straight Championship away games in a single campaign for the first time since April 2011 as they begin to lose form at the wrong time.
- Players to watch: Gary Madine has been a ‘home specialist’ for Blackpool, netting six of his last eight Championship goals at Bloomfield Road, doing so four times as their last scorer. Sheffield United will hope for an early strike from Morgan Gibbs-White, whose last three away Championship goals have been his team’s match opener.
- Hot stat: Blackpool have led ‘to nil’ at half-time in three of their last four Championship home games.