Derby – Coventry Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Derby 1-1 Coventry
Date: 19.03.2022 | Match at: 13:30 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 39 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.41 | Bookie: Unibet.
Derby – Coventry Match Preview
- The drama surrounding Derby County’s financial woes and struggles to find an owner appear to be finally impacting the team’s performances as they’ve now lost five of their last six Championship matches (W1). A second-half capitulation as they lost 3-1 to Blackburn last round, after leading at the break, won’t help their confidence either, especially as Derby have now dropped 20 precious points when scoring first this season.
- Manager Wayne Rooney said before that Blackburn game that his side probably needs “five or six wins out of the last nine games”. Now sitting on 24 points with eight games left and six points from safety, his job has gotten that much harder considering the average points tally for survival in the Championship over the last ten years is 46. Pride Park could be the perfect place for the ‘Rams’ to start chipping away though, given nine of their 11 league wins this season have come at home.
- Coventry City make this trip off a slump in form themselves, going down 2-0 to Hull last time out after suffering a first-half blitz, meaning only them and Bristol City have conceded double-digits between minutes 16-30 (ten each). That was the third loss in four games (W1) for mid-table Coventry, yet their hopes of a first top-half finish in the Championship since 2005/06 remains very much alive.
- To achieve that goal, the ‘Sky Blues’ could do with an uptick in away form as only 20 of their 54 points have been earned on their travels. Visiting Derby could be a good place to start as Coventry have only lost one of the previous eight H2Hs (W4, D3).
- Players to watch: Derby captain Tom Lawrence has scored eight of his nine league goals this season at home, while Coventry’s Viktor Gyökeres has scored his side’s opener in ten of his 12 goalscoring outings this term.
- Hot stat: No Championship team has rescued more points when losing at half-time than Coventry’s 15 (tied with Cardiff and Nottingham Forest).