Colombia – Bolivia Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Colombia 3-0 Bolivia
Date: 25.03.2022 | Match at: 00:30 | League: SOUTH AMERICA: WORLD CUP – QUALIFICATION – ROUND 17 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.43 | Bookie: Unibet.
Colombia – Bolivia Match Preview
- With just two games remaining in CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifying (WCQ), Colombia must realistically win both of their matches while relying on results elsewhere if they are to qualify for a third straight World Cup finals. They will also have to score a goal if they are to do that, something they haven’t achieved in a shocking seven straight WCQ games, a new unwanted national record during one cycle.
- Although faltering in attack, Colombia have at least been robust in defence. Since their last win (3-1 vs Chile), Reinaldo Rueda’s men have played out three goalless draws across their last four home WCQ matches (L1). There’s no better time for a Colombian resurgence though given that they’re coming up against a leaky Bolivia side that’s conceded seven times across their last two matches.
- A 3-2 defeat at the hands of Chile last time out essentially ended Bolivia’s dreams of a first World Cup finals appearance since 1994. While formidable in the high altitude national stadium of their homeland, they don’t have the altitudinal advantage on their travels, something seen by their winless WCQ away form (D2, L6) which includes a group worst defensive record (25 goals conceded).
- Those two away points account for just 13% of Bolivia’s total, and that away points tally is likely to stay the same unless ‘La Verde’ can buck the trend of losing all five WCQ away H2Hs they’ve played in this century – each time doing so ‘to nil’. A similar fate has befallen them in their recent WCQ trips, losing each of the last four by a three-goal margin, while scoring just one goal in reply.
- Players to watch: It’s been 646 painful minutes of WCQ action since Liverpool star Luis Díaz scored Colombia’s last goal, which was only his second in this cycle. Bolivia actually have this WCQ group’s top scorer within their ranks, as veteran Marcelo Moreno is the only man on double digits (G10) – he’s scored four of his nation’s combined six away goals.
- Hot stat: Three quarters (six) of Bolivia’s WCQ away games were lost at both HT/FT, a joint group-high.