Ireland – Belgium Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Ireland 2-2 Belgium
Date: 26.03.2022 | Match at: 18:00 | League: FRIENDLY INTERNATIONAL | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.36 | Bookie: Unibet.
Ireland – Belgium Match Preview
- Republic of Ireland return to international action with a mouthwatering friendly against FIFA’s number-one ranked side, Belgium. While Ireland may sit 48 places lower than their visitors in FIFA’s rankings, the gulf in places certainly won’t faze Stephen Kenny’s side who are currently in the midst of a six-match unbeaten run (W3, D3) and interestingly haven’t lost a home friendly since March 2017 (W5, D1).
- Attacking potency has been underpinned by defensive solidity for Ireland of late with their recent four successive clean sheets having been supplemented by an impressive ten goals (W3, D1) – a run that includes a shut-out against FIFA’s #8 ranked side, Portugal (0-0). Though with just one clean sheet in the last 13 H2H meetings (W2, D5, L6), Ireland will have their work cut-out to prolong that impressive defensive resilience.
- Having qualified for Qatar 2022 with consummate ease (W6, D2), Roberto Martínez has shuffled his Belgian pack a little ahead of back-to-back friendlies as he seeks to cast an eye over the fringe members of his squad prior to winter’s showpiece event. Several big names have been left at home by Martínez, though even a star-studded line-up couldn’t prevent the ‘Red Devils’ failing to win three of their last four internationals (D1, L2).
- Two clean sheets in their last eight internationals is hardly inspiring, but Belgium won’t worry too much about their defensive plight given they have scored at least once in 27 successive away internationals. Goals tend to be at a premium in international friendlies for Belgium though, with four of their last five seeing two or fewer goals (W2, D3) – all three draws ending 1-1 despite Belgium scoring first in each.
- Players to watch: Callum Robinson has scored six of Ireland’s last ten goals, three of which came in the opening 15 minutes, whilst Divock Origi may lead the Belgian line in the absence of Romelu Lukaku, but his last international goal came in 2014!
- Hot stat: Eight of Ireland’s last nine home internationals have witnessed under 2.5 goals.
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: Ireland 2-2 Belgium Predictions and Betting Tips 26.03.2022"