Cyprus – Estonia Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Cyprus 2-0 Estonia
Date: 29.03.2022 | Match at: 17:00 | League: UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE C – PLAY OUT – FINAL | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.67 | Bookie: Unibet.
Cyprus – Estonia Preview
- Cyprus and Estonia played out an uneventful 0-0 draw in the first leg of this UEFA Nations League (UNL) relegation play-off in Tallinn on Thursday. That result made it just one victory across 14 internationals for Cyprus (D3, L10), a streak in which their toothless forward line has now been held off the scoresheet a remarkable 11 times.
- A return to home soil should be welcomed though as the Cypriots’ sole win during that sequence came at home, whilst their six-match home international form remains relatively solid despite their recent woes (W2, D2, L2). Nikos Kostenoglou’s side also hold a slight overall edge in the H2H battle ahead of this crucial encounter (W3, D4, L2), though they haven’t won either of their previous competitive home H2Hs (D2)!
- Estonia could potentially fancy their chances then as they visit the southern Cypriot city of Larnaca in search of only their second competitive away victory since November 2018. Their 12 away competitive outings since that date (W1, D3, L8) have seen them fail to score on a disappointing eight occasions, whilst they’ve only led for a cumulative 57 minutes on the scoresheet across that stint!
- Another slow start should be expected for Thomas Häberli’s side as a result, particularly as Estonia have now failed to score before half-time in seven straight internationals and were also just one of two teams from UNL League C to finish the group stage winless (D3, L3).
- Players to watch: Cyprus winger Ioannis Pittas has five goal contributions across his last six club league outings (G3, A2), and his only international goal to date was the winner in his country’s last competitive victory (W 1-0 v Slovenia). Meanwhile, Henri Anier has scored three of Estonia’s last five international away goals, with all three coming between the 30th and 60th minute.
- Hot stat: Cyprus have recorded less than five corners in each of their previous six internationals.