Chile – Uruguay Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Chile 0-2 Uruguay
Date: 30.03.2022 | Match at: 00:30 | League: WORLD CUP – QUALIFICATION – ROUND 18 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33 | Bookie: Unibet.
Chile – Uruguay Preview
- Chile’s path to qualifying for the 2022 World Cup intercontinental play-off rests on an unlikely treble: they must beat Uruguay and hope that neither Peru nor Colombia win against Paraguay and Venezuela respectively. Upholding their end of the bargain could even be tricky as they haven’t won any of the last three H2Hs (D1, L2).
- However, they only lost one of the last seven H2H meetings they hosted (W4, D2) and with every incentive to go for victory at all costs, a sequence of four of their last five internationals producing over 2.5 goals could continue. Each of their last five games in Chile saw the team scoring first going on to win, so an early strike for either side could prove decisive.
- The pressure is off for Uruguay, who confirmed their World Cup qualification with a hard-fought 1-0 win over Peru on Thursday, securing a run of three straight victories for the first time since June 2019 in the process. They’ll now look to build on that, with manager Diego Alonso keen to continue his perfect start (W3) since his appointment in December.
- After three consecutive WCQ away defeats put qualification at risk last year, Alonso still has work to do to make ‘La Celeste’ a force away from Montevideo, although beating Paraguay in January was a step in the right direction. No first-half goal in any of their last four matches on foreign soil is one area in need of improvement, especially given the abundance of attacking talent within the squad.
- Players to watch: Chile’s Alexis Sánchez has two goal contributions (G1, A1) in his last three club games and scored twice against Bolivia in February. Meanwhile, Giorgian De Arrascaeta has scored first-half goals for Uruguay in each of their last two internationals.
- Hot stat: Chile have finished eight of their last ten WCQ campaigns at home and are unbeaten when doing so (W5, D3).