Strasbourg – Lens Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Strasbourg 1-0 Lens
Date: 03.04.2022 | Match at: 12:00 | League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 30 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.34 | Bookie: Unibet.
Strasbourg – Lens Preview
- A 0-0 draw at lowly Lorient prior to the March international break prevented Strasbourg from cutting the gap behind the top four they continue to threaten. Suffering just one defeat in 11 matches prior to this clash, ‘Le Racing’ know this is their best chance for a first top-six finish in Ligue 1 this century, though Lyon’s reported targeting of coach Julien Stéphan for the Gones’ hot-seat is an unwanted distraction.
- Home comforts could again play a key role in Strasbourg achieving their long-term aims, and ‘Le Racing’ have notably kept three straight clean sheets at the Stade de la Meinau – though they haven’t managed four in a row since their promotion from the Championnat National in 2016.
- Fellow top-six aspirants Lens will go within a point of their hosts if they can breach Strasbourg’s stubborn rearguard to a winning effect. While the visiting ‘Sang et Or’ may be underdogs here, their resilience was on full display just before the international break, when they recovered from an early deficit (vs Clermont) to win for a second time across four outings.
- Lens’ hopes of making Europe for the first time since 2007 can only be boosted by a winning run on hostile turf, but each of the team’s previous eight away games have seen a different result from the one before it (W3, D2, L3). In fact, such is the unpredictability at play, opening scorers have ended up beaten in four of Lens’ last six Ligue 1 road trips!
- Players to watch: Strasbourg defender Alexander Djiku netted a rare goal in Le Racing’s last home game (1-0 vs Monaco). He’ll be up against Seko Fofana, who netted the matchwinner for Lens in last season’s corresponding clash against ‘Le Racing’ (2-1).
- Hot stat: Lens’ last five goals scored during an away league win have arrived beyond the 70th minute.