Braga – Rangers Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Braga 1-0 Rangers
Date: 07.04.2022 | Match at: 20:00 | League: EUROPA LEAGUE – PLAY OFFS – QUARTER-FINALS | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33 | Bookie: Unibet.
Braga – Rangers Preview
- It was only two seasons ago that Braga and Rangers met for the first time in the knockouts of the UEFA Europa League (UEL), and now they do it all over again but this time at the quarter-final stage with far more at stake. It was the Scots who won both legs back in 2019/20, but Braga will be hunting revenge on the back of a morale-boosting 3-2 home win over Benfica last time out, as well as enjoying wins ‘to nil’ in their last two European home games, both after netting within the first 20 minutes.
- Now one of the most spectacular stadiums in European football, thanks to its cliff-face backdrop, will hope to be the setting for Braga to repeat their run to the UEL final back in 2010/11. A clean sheet here would help them on their way, though that’s something the Portuguese side have managed in just four of their previous 12 competitive matches (W6, D3, L3).
- Slayers of Borussia Dortmund and Red Star Belgrade, the reward for Rangers is becoming the first-ever Scottish club to make it to the UEL quarter-final stage. It hasn’t been easy, with the 14 European games Rangers have played this season already more than any other quarter-final side, yet while they’ve shown themselves capable on the continental stage this season, a 2-1 Old Firm derby defeat at the weekend may have shaken confidence, alongside dashing their dreams of retaining the Scottish title.
- A second-half goal was the sole difference when Rangers last travelled to Braga (W 1-0), and considering that their last four competitive away goals have also been scored after half-time, it may be the second period when Rangers threaten most again here.
- Players to watch: Supersub Vítor Oliveira has come off the bench to score in two of Braga’s last three home games, both times helping his side to a win. James Tavernier is enjoying this competition, with the Rangers defender scoring four goals across his last four UEL appearances, three times before half-time.
- Hot stat: Rangers are unbeaten in 13 consecutive UEFA fixtures against Portuguese sides (W6, D7).