Newcastle – Wolves Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Newcastle 1-0 Wolves
Date: 08.04.2022 | Match at: 20:00 | League: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 32 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.45 | Bookie: Unibet.
Newcastle – Wolves Preview
- Having last walked out on the hallowed turf of St. James’ Park at the beginning of March, Newcastle make an eagerly anticipated return to home action on the back of four successive away games (W1, L3). The last came in the form of a 5-1 humbling against Tottenham last weekend, and another defeat against Wolves would mark the first time Newcastle have lost four successive Premier League (PL) games since January 2021.
- Five of the previous six PL H2Hs between these sides have ended in a 1-1 draw, as have all four of Newcastle’s draws under the tutelage of boss Eddie Howe. Yet there’s no guarantees of a return to winning ways here for this 15th-placed Newcastle side that possess a poor run of results in Friday-held PL games (W5, D4, L8). How did all four of those Friday draws end? You guessed it, 1-1!
- Wolves will be in no mood to settle for a draw as they go in search of three points to keep pace with their fellow European chasers. Three wins and four losses across their last seven PL outings has somewhat stunted any outside chances Wolves had of qualifying for the UEFA Champions League (UCL), and it may take a club record PL finish of sixth place to secure Wolves any form of European football this season.
- Strangely, Wolves may be glad of a road trip to follow up their 2-1 home victory over Aston Villa at the weekend as they have won five of their last seven PL away matches. Four of those wins were ‘to nil’, and defensive solidity has clearly underpinned Wolves’ success this campaign as Bruno Lage’s side haven’t conceded a first-half away goal since the opening day of the season!
- Players to watch: Fabian Schär netted in Newcastle’s recent defeat against Tottenham and also scored the Magpies’ last home goal back in March. Meanwhile, Jonny has scored the opening goal in Wolves’ last two PL outings.
- Hot stat: Ten of Wolves’ 15 PL away games this season have been level at half-time.