Bordeaux – Metz Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Bordeaux 3-1 Metz
Date: 10.04.2022 | Match at: 12:00 | League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 31 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.36 | Bookie: Unibet.
Bordeaux – Metz Preview
- A year on from being placed into administration, six-time French champions Girondins Bordeaux look set for a return to second-tier football for the first time since being relegated for administrative reasons in 1990/91, as five points separate Bordeaux from the final safe spot ahead of the round.
- Boss David Guion is still yet to win since his February appointment (D3, L3), but a goalless draw with reigning champions Lille last time out provided some encouragement, even if it extended their scoreless run to four games. Hopes of a first win under Guion are further provoked by Bordeaux’s proud record of avoiding defeat in 29 of the last 30 top-flight home H2Hs (W21, D8).
- Locked on points with an identical record in Ligue 1 this season are Metz (W4, D11, L15). While his men have less of a top-flight legacy to lose than Bordeaux, manager Frédéric Antonetti insisted the key to staying up is their ‘mindset’, but a league-low four goals scored in 2022 is thoroughly alarming.
- Ending a 386-minute wait for an away goal in their latest trip to Rennes could have been a positive, but they lost that game 6-1, showing clear issues across the park. This is an easier trip for them on paper, but a win could be ultimately futile for either side, given that each of the last 33 teams to have four or fewer wins after 30 rounds have ended up relegated!
- Players to watch: With ten league goals already, Ui-Jo Hwang could yet equal his best goalscoring Ligue 1 season with two more strikes, but the Bordeaux forward currently endures a six-game drought. As for Metz, Ibrahima Niane is the club’s only player to score a winning away goal since the beginning of December.
- Hot stat: Metz are one of just four sides averaging more points in their away games (0.93) than at home (0.6) ahead of the round.