Atletico Madrid – Manchester City Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Atletico Madrid 0-0 Manchester City
Date: 13.04.2022 | Match at: 20:00 | League: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – PLAY OFFS – QUARTER-FINALS | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33 | Bookie: Unibet.
Atletico Madrid – Manchester City Preview
- Ahead of their inaugural H2H meeting last week, Atlético Madrid knew that Manchester City would be a tough UEFA Champions League (UCL) quarter-final adversary. That was illustrated by Diego Simeone’s cynical and perhaps even unprecedented use of a 5-5-0 formation at times during last week’s first leg, designed to blunt City’s scoring power. It somewhat worked, with Atlético returning home to Madrid with just a 1-0 first-leg defeat to erase.
- Their weekend La Liga trip to Mallorca didn’t go to plan though (L 0-1), capping off the first time since September 2021 that Simeone’s side were held scoreless in consecutive games across all competitions. Perhaps Simeone’s biggest concern from that Mallorca defeat is that they managed just one shot on target to add to their zero from the first leg against City. To further highlight the difficulty of the task they face here, Atlético have also failed to win their last six UCL home matches (D3, L3).
- This is Manchester City’s fifth consecutive UCL quarter-final appearance, and their one-goal advantage from the first leg has them primed to qualify for back-to-back UEFA semi-finals for the first time in more than half a century. Whilst a draw will be enough to secure progression, the commemoration of their 100th UCL match (from group stage to finals) will serve as additional motivation to win, as could City’s hard-fought 2-2 weekend draw with Liverpool that kept them top of the Premier League and in charge of the title race.
- Travelling has not been City’s strong point this UCL campaign, demonstrated by losses at PSG (L 0-2) and Leipzig (L 1-2) in the group stage. They do, however, come into this game after winning their last four UEFA knockout stage away legs at an opposition’s venue, and have put together a 12-game unbeaten away run across all competitions (W10, D2) since that group stage loss in Leipzig.
- Players to watch: João Félix scored Atlético’s last UEFA home goal in a draw against City’s rivals Manchester United. Meanwhile, City’s Kevin De Bruyne has scored in five of his last six competitive starts – including three times in the first five minutes!
- Hot stat: The four H2Hs between Diego Simeone (W1) and Pep Guardiola (W3) as club managers have all resulted in a one-goal margin result.
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: Atletico Madrid 0-0 Manchester City Predictions and Betting Tips 13.04.2022"