PSV – Leicester Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
PSV 1-2 Leicester
Date: 14.04.2022 | Match at: 17:45 | League: EUROPA CONFERENCE LEAGUE – PLAY OFFS – QUARTER-FINALS | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.40 | Bookie: Unibet.
PSV – Leicester Preview
- Reaching the final four of the UEFA Europa Conference League (UECL) remains a possibility for both PSV and Leicester City following their hard-fought goalless draw in the East Midlands. A 2-0 win over Waalwijk since has kept PSV’s faint Eredivisie title hopes alive whilst also extending their unbeaten run to 15 games (W11, D4), inspiring confidence ahead of this crunch clash.
- With the abolition of the away goals rule, PSV’s home advantage is much more notable given that any draw would send this game into extra-time. Unbeaten in 12 of their 17 prior home encounters with English opponents (W6, D6, L5), PSV may be quietly confident of bucking their terrible trend of being knocked out at the quarter-final stage in nine of their last ten European quarter-final appearances!
- The first-leg was Leicester’s first-ever clash with Dutch opponents, though they’re up against it here as they seek to improve upon a record of 13 winless games from 18 European trips (D3, L10). ‘Foxes’ boss Brendan Rodgers infamously said earlier in the season that he didn’t know what the UECL is, but now insists that his side are ‘in it to win it’.
- A 2-1 victory over Crystal Palace at the weekend gave Leicester their joint-longest unbeaten streak (W2, D2) since October, but an electric Eindhoven atmosphere should not be underestimated, especially given Leicester’s European history. That’s because they lost 1-0 away and drew at home in their most recent European quarter-final, while they’ve previously lost both of their European ties after drawing the first leg at home.
- Players to watch: PSV’s Noni Madueke could lineup against his England U21 teammate Luke Thomas here, whilst five of his nine goals this season were match openers. Similarly quick, Leicester’s Harvey Barnes has scored his team’s opener with five of his eight goals this season.
- Hot stat: PSV have won 14 of their 18 UEFA ties when going into the second leg at home following an away draw.