Birmingham – Coventry Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Birmingham 2-4 Coventry
Date: 15.04.2022 | Match at: 15:00 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 42 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.32 | Bookie: Unibet.
Birmingham – Coventry Preview
- Ed Sheeran made the news this week after footage emerged of him spending his evening pulling pints and playing pool with locals in a Birmingham pub on Sunday. That was rather fitting given Birmingham City have fallen into ‘Bad Habits’ of late, failing to score in four of their last five Championship matches (W1, D2, L2).
- Now sat in 18th, Birmingham do at least boast a 16-point cushion on Barnsley inside the relegation zone, meaning their recent dip in form won’t have any significant impact come the end of the campaign, although an upturn in form will be needed if Birmingham want to finish outside the Championship’s bottom eight for the first time since 2015/16. Perhaps the visit of Coventry City can help spark a revival, particularly as the ‘Blues’ are unbeaten across the last four home competitive H2Hs (W3, D1).
- Coventry ended a four-game winless run (D2, L2) as they beat runaway leaders Fulham 3-1 last time out, keeping their slim playoff hopes alive in the process. They start this gameweek four places and six points adrift of the top six, but will hope their trend of finishing games strongly could possibly translate into a strong end to the season too. Mark Robins’ men have scored 17 goals beyond the 75th minute – only two sides have netted more.
- Even if the playoffs do evade Coventry this season, there’s still little doubt that this has been a standout campaign for them and one to build upon next season. They so far have 14 more points than they did at this stage of last season, and are in an excellent position to secure their first Championship top-eight finish since 2005/06.
- Players to watch: Lyle Taylor has scored three of Birmingham’s last five home league goals with each arriving after half-time, while opponent Viktor Gyökeres has netted three goals across his last six appearances for Coventry.
- Hot stat: Only three sides have played out more Championship games to see both teams score than Coventry (23).