Barnsley – Peterborough Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Barnsley 0-2 Peterborough
Date: 18.04.2022 | Match at: 15:00 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 43 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.31 | Bookie: Unibet.
Barnsley – Peterborough Preview
- Barnsley and Peterborough are only clinging onto mathematical survival chances, casting a huge shadow over this game. For their part, Barnsley are unbeaten in four Easter Monday league matches (W3, D1), but a loss here coupled with a Reading win over Swansea will end a three-season Championship stay for the ‘Tykes’ just a year after reaching the playoffs.
- Four draws across Barnsley’s last seven league games (W1, D4, L2) hasn’t helped their cause, but home fans will nevertheless take cheer from a six-game unbeaten Championship home streak (W3, D3), which is their joint-longest such run in the competition since December 2007. The hosts are also unbeaten in four H2Hs (W3, D1) keeping a clean sheet each time, including in a goalless reverse fixture, giving hopes of extending their survival fight.
- Boasting an even longer unbeaten run on Easter Monday (W2, D4), Peterborough are only narrowly clinging on to their survival chances but a recent 2-1 win over playoff hopefuls Blackburn Rovers suggests there’s a bit of fight still left. That said, the ‘Posh’ have a mountain to climb in terms of their goal difference (minus 47).
- Even if they make up the nine-point gap behind Reading, the odds are stacked against them, especially after conceding more goals (83) than every club. Peterborough also remain the only side yet to keep an away league clean sheet this term, but an unbeaten run across their last three Championship trips (W1, D2) indicates they are likely to attack with nothing left to lose.
- Players to watch: Amine Bassi has seen his last four Championship assists come in matches producing exactly two goals. Peterborough’s Jonson Clarke-Harris is also an artist of ‘two’, scoring the second match goal in seven of his last eight goalscoring Championship games.
- Hot stat: Peterborough have conceded first in 11 of their last 12 Championship matches, including seven in a row.