Fulham – Preston Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Fulham 3-0 Preston
Date: 19.04.2022 | Match at: 19:45 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 43 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.41 | Bookie: Unibet.
Fulham – Preston Preview
- Fulham’s bid to return to the Premier League at the first time of asking has been put on hold, as the ‘Cottagers’ suffered a third defeat across their last five Championship matches at Derby on Good Friday. However, a repeat of Fulham’s 3-1 victory against Preston North End back in November 1912, which started a long history of H2H meetings between these teams, would see them finally seal promotion.
- The runaway league leaders are natural favourites to succeed here, and the first goal might be crucial towards them doing so, as the team that has opened the scoring before the break has won each of the last five Championship matches at Craven Cottage (FUL: W3, L2).
- That said, the last time Fulham scored a first-half strike here against Preston was more than 40 years ago, giving mid-table Preston some hope they will have time to settle into this game. It may not matter though, as Preston’s seven-point gap behind the play-off spots seems like too much of a mountain to climb with four matches to go.
- A third own-goal in Preston’s last five outings gained Ryan Lowe’s men a point against Millwall last time out, further reinforcing themselves as ’draw kings’ with a league-high 16 stalemates so far. Topically, a tally of 15 first-half draws across 21 away league outings also suggests they will be hard to crack.
- The visitors have failed to score in three away matches though (D1, L2) and with only the bottom-three sides scoring less than their 16 away league goals ahead of this round, Preston aren’t likely to spoil the looming promotion party here on the banks of the River Thames.
- Players to watch: Fábio Carvalho has scored eight of his last nine goals for Fulham before the break, including the opener at Derby. In opposition, Cameron Archer has netted six of his previous seven goals for Preston during the second half.
- Hot stat: Fulham have scored a league-high 13 match openers inside the first 15 minutes.