Lorient – Metz Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Lorient 1-0 Metz
Date: 20.04.2022 | Match at: 18:00 | League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 33 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.35 | Bookie: Unibet.
Lorient – Metz Preview
- Lorient looked like heading for a valuable point in their survival bid after equalising at Nice last time out, only to fall to an 88th-minute winner (L 2-1). Boss Christophe Pélissier remained defiant in the aftermath, stating that they deserved a point, though now they really do need to get points on the board as another defeat leaves them susceptible to falling into the bottom three.
- The Stade du Moustoir could be the perfect place to bounce back then, as Lorient have picked up 20 of their 31 points on home soil (65%). There’s a cautionary note though, as Lorient have won just one of the home league games that they’ve entered as favourites (W1, D3, L3), which is significant considering only fellow strugglers Clermont boast a lower win rate in such games.
- Survival seems like a longshot for rock-bottom Metz at this point, as they sit six points from the final safe position with just six games to play. The perennial Ligue 1 underdogs weren’t helped by a bust up involving their manager Frédéric Antonetti at Lille in February which saw him banned for seven games, though that ban is now served and he will return to the touchline (D3, L4 during that ban).
- Antonetti recently put Metz’s position down to the ‘mindset’ of his players, though he may have to shoulder some of the blame himself after overseeing ten conceded goals across their last three away trips (L3). Another chastising could be on the way as the home side on the day in this H2H has scored at least twice in six of the last seven editions with none of those seven witnessing an away win.
- Players to watch: Lorient’s Terem Moffi has contributed to four goals across his last three appearances (G3, A1), two of which were team openers. As for Metz, Didier Lamkel Zé scored his first goal for the club in their last away game, in what is already his third loan spell this season.
- Hot stat: Metz are unbeaten in half of their away league games entered as outsiders (W3, D5, L8).