Levante – Sevilla Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Levante 2-3 Sevilla
Date: 21.04.2022 | Match at: 18:00 | League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 33 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.32 | Bookie: Unibet.
Levante – Sevilla Preview
- It took Levante’s Alessio Lisci 17 La Liga (LL) matches to “feel like” a top-flight manager, but after a defining 4-1 win over fellow relegation contenders Granada – their largest score of his tenure – he and Levante appear to be approaching a turning point in the season. Lisci has steered the club to all five of their LL wins this season, and if they can steal points at home to Sevilla, survival could be within reach.
- Levante always knew how to score – their 39-goal tally was the largest of any bottom-half club at the start of this round – but Lisci has crucially overseen a defensive unit that has now kept six clubs to one or no goals across Levante’s last nine LL outings (W4, D2, L3). That’s after conceding a half-century of goals during their first 23 games of the league season!
- Sevilla have had a forgettable March and April, being bundled out of the Europa League alongside just one win from their last six LL fixtures (D3, L2), including two draws as travelling favourites. Visiting Sevilla manager Julen Lopetegui was actually sacked by Real Madrid just ten days after a shock loss to Levante in 2018/19, but has since put that behind him with five wins from his last six H2Hs as Sevilla coach (D1).
- Lopetegui’s side also remain undefeated from their last 20 LL clashes as favourites at home or away (W10, D10), so should be expected to take at least one point from Estadio Ciudad de Valencia, but he’ll no doubt be demanding a win to shore up their position in the top four.
- Players to watch: Levante’s Jose Luis Morales has returned four second-half goals across his last three LL appearances, albeit assisted by two spot kicks. Meanwhile, Rafa Mir is one of two players (alongside the potentially injured Ivan Rakitić) to score two of Sevilla’s last ten LL goals.
- Hot stat: Five of the last six LL H2Hs produced no first-half goals, as have 60% of the last 20 LL matches involving either club.