Luton – Blackpool Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Luton 1-1 Blackpool
Date: 23.04.2022 | Match at: 12:30 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 44 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.35 | Bookie: Unibet.
Luton – Blackpool Preview
- Just eight years after being a non-league club, fourth-placed Luton Town have given themselves a great chance to play top-flight football for the first time in three decades after back-to-back 1-0 wins. With a six-point cushion over the Championship playoff chasers, the ‘Hatters’ can confirm a top-six spot this weekend with a win and favourable results elsewhere.
- Luton’s good fortune has also been tinged by injuries though, and after their most recent game (W 1-0 vs Cardiff), manager Nathan Jones bemoaned that the games are consequently “getting tough”. Fortunately for them, home form has played its part in Luton overcoming such difficulties, with the ‘Hatters’ suffering only a single home league loss since December (W7, D3).
- Mid-table Blackpool’s season may be practically over, but a 6-1 Easter Monday victory over Birmingham City – which was their first six-goal competitive performance since 2012 – shows that the ‘Seasiders’ are keen to finish on a high. There’s added incentive for this trip too, as Blackpool have won just once across the last 11 H2Hs (D3, L7), and face a fourth league double of losses across the last five instances they’ve shared a division with Luton.
- To avoid that, Blackpool must improve on a return of just one win across their last 12 Championship away matches. A tight game might unfold either way, as Blackpool’s away league games won or lost this season have all come via a single-goal margin, with ten results ending either 1-0 or 2-1.
- Players to watch: Luton’s Harry Cornick likes to turn up late, having scored the last match goal in six of his previous seven goalscoring Championship games. Similarly attracted to late strikes is Jerry Yates, who has netted Blackpool’s last goal in five of his previous seven goalscoring Championship appearances.
- Hot stat: Blackpool are the only Championship side yet to convert a half-time away lead into a win this campaign (D2, L1).