Rennes – Lorient Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Rennes 5-0 Lorient
Date: 24.04.2022 | Match at: 12:00 | League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 34 | Tip: Home Win | Odds: 1.45 | Bookie: Unibet.
Rennes – Lorient Preview
- Rennes failed to bounce back from their Easter defeat to Monaco, going down 2-1 at Strasbourg in midweek, and now only goal difference keeps them in Ligue 1’s UEFA Champions League qualification berths as the weekend approaches. In the aftermath, coach Bruno Génésio remained upbeat, stating that his team has “rebounded several times”.
- Génésio also added that his team has “character”, and he’ll expect another rebound here after his side have scored a minimum of two goals in their last seven games at Roazhon Park (W6, L1). It gets better against the weaker sides too, with Rennes hitting exactly six goals in three of their four prior home league wins against current bottom-six teams!
- Rennes’ chain of multi-goal hauls at home would be even longer, had none other than relegation battlers Lorient not held out for a mere 1-0 Coupe de France loss back in December. Another defeat for the visitors is expected, but luck often boosts long-term momentum, and with Lorient fortuitously beating Metz 1-0 via a late strike (90+4’) in midweek, another win here would go some way in securing safety.
- ‘Les Merlus’ are near the danger zone for a reason though, and after conceding a per game average of exactly two goals beyond the hour mark across their last three Ligue 1 away losses, few would be surprised if the latter minutes prove particularly painful for Lorient.
- Key battle: Martin Terrier hit his 20th league strike of the campaign in midweek, and his last three Ligue 1 home goals created by assist master Benjamin Bourigeaud have come during matches where Rennes scored 5+ goals! Lorient goalkeeper Matthieu Dreyer may be nervous then, especially after conceding 2+ second-half goals in each of his last three losses…
- Hot stat: …Dreyer might end up pleasantly surprised, however, as just one of the last eight Ligue 1 H2Hs has seen the away side on the day concede after half-time!