RB Leipzig – Rangers Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
RB Leipzig 1-0 Rangers
Date: 28.04.2022 | Match at: 20:00 | League: EUROPA LEAGUE – PLAY OFFS – SEMI-FINALS | Tip: Home Win | Odds: 1.35 | Bookie: Unibet.
RB Leipzig – Rangers Preview
- After ousting Atalanta 3-1 on aggregate in the quarter finals, and with the likes of Barcelona out of the competition, excitement in Leipzig should be growing at the club’s chances of picking up their first ever European trophy in what is just their fifth season in Europe. Although preparations for this game were dampened by a 2-1 defeat vs Union Berlin at the weekend – a loss that ended a 15-game unbeaten run for Leipzig (W11, D4) – the German side remain favourites to win the UEFA Europa League (UEL) outright.
- First they must navigate a potential banana skin in Rangers, a team that shocked Europe by beating Borussia Dortmund earlier in this competition. However this Leipzig side brushed Dortmund aside 4-1 earlier this month, and also recorded impressive home results against Manchester City (W 2-1) and PSG (2-2) in the Champions League earlier this season – all three of those games even saw the German side score the opening goal before the 25th minute.
- Rangers were priced up as 50/1 outsiders to win the UEL back when the group stage was drawn, but there’s a palpable sense of belief in Govan that the trophy could be in the Ibrox trophy room by season end. But first they must grab a result against the odds in what is their 50th UEFA encounter against German opposition, with their record so far (W17, D15, L17) showing the Glaswegians can’t be written off.
- Yet Rangers’ only two defeats on the road across their last ten fixtures on opposition turf came in this very competition (W7, D1), both of which also saw the Scots trail 1-0 at half-time. They’ll have to start much better in what is their first-ever appearance in a UEL semi-final if they’re to reach a major European final for the first time since 2008.
- Players to watch: Leipzig’s Christopher Nkunku continues to attract the attention of Europe’s biggest clubs. The last five European games he’s scored in saw him net within the first 30 minutes, four of which saw him grab the opener. If any Rangers player is to challenge him for the early spotlight it could be James Tavernier, who’s scored the first goal in four of Rangers’ last six European matches.
- Hot stat: Leipzig have scored in every European game they’ve played this season, averaging 2.30 goals in the process.
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: RB Leipzig 1-0 Rangers Predictions and Betting Tips 28.04.2022"