Barnsley – Preston Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Barnsley 1-3 Preston
Date: 30.04.2022 | Match at: 12:30 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 45 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.31 | Bookie: Unibet.
Barnsley – Preston Preview
- League One football is coming to Oakwell next season after a campaign to forget for bottom-placed Barnsley, who have witnessed a huge fall from grace after their play-off appearance last year. Just five home league wins this season undoubtedly hindered Barnsley’s survival bid, and their task of avoiding a rock-bottom finish has been heightened by the early return of three loanees to their respective parent clubs.
- Derby are the only side Barnsley can now realistically finish above, but with their heavily inferior goal difference, the ‘Tykes’ need at least one win from their last two games to avoid claiming the wooden spoon. Preston perhaps aren’t the ideal visitors then as Barnsley have lost four of the last five H2Hs (W1), whilst conceding an average of 2.6 goals per game across all five.
- With Preston sitting comfortably in mid-table and with little chance of moving much further up or down the table, you may expect ‘North End’ to be on their holidays. However manager Ryan Lowe has made it clear he doesn’t want that to happen, recently reinforcing the message that his players will still be fighting for results after he blasted his squad’s “worst performance of the season” in the aftermath of their 4-1 derby defeat against Blackburn a few days ago.
- An away game probably isn’t the best place for Lowe to prove his side are still up for the fight with two games remaining though, as Preston’s last away league win came in February (D2, L3 since). Preston’s last three road trips have now all ended ‘to nil’, leaving Lowe’s men needing at least a goal if they are to avoid falling to four successive goalless Championship away defeats for the first time since September 2018.
- Players to watch: Carlton Morris has opened the scoring inside the opening 45 minutes in three of Barsley’s last five Oakwell league outings. Meanwhile, Daniel Johnson was the last Preston player to score an away league goal – that was over two months ago.
- Hot stat: No Championship side has scored less than Preston’s three first-half away league goals this season.