Troyes – Lille Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Troyes 3-0 Lille
Date: 01.05.2022 | Match at: 12:00 | League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 35 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.39 | Bookie: Unibet.
Troyes – Lille Preview
- Making their return to Ligue 1 after a three-year absence, there’s every chance that at the beginning of the season Troyes would have been happy sitting in 16th place and two points clear of the relegation zone with four games to go. That does after all represent their best ranking after 34 games in the competition since 2001/02. However despite that, relegation remains a worry as they come into this tough clash with Lille aiming to avoid a fifth consecutive winless match (D1, L3).
- A particular frustration for manager Bruno Irles will be that his side have conceded winning goals beyond the 87th minute in their last two defeats (both 1-0). Troyes also lost the reverse fixture 2-1 as a result of an own goal scored in the 85th minute, so maintaining concentration right to the very end will be a priority. That’s especially true given that they don’t seem to have the capacity to find late goals of their own as their current total of ten second-half strikes is the fewest for any side across Europe’s top-five leagues.
- Coming into the round sitting ninth and six points adrift of fifth, Lille kept their slim hopes of European qualification alive with a 1-0 win over Strasbourg last time out. That ended a four-game winless run (D2, L2) for last season’s Ligue 1 champions who will aim to finish this forgettable campaign with a strong flourish.
- Any success in a late push towards the top five will most likely hinge on Lille maintaining their solid defensive record. Since the turn of the year, only three sides have conceded fewer league goals (14), and their total of eight clean sheets during this period is the best return for any side in the division. However their last competitive shutout against Troyes came way back in 2007 (W2, D4, L2 since)!
- Players to watch: Iké Ugbo has scored three league goals since joining Troyes in January, and each proved his side’s only goal of the game (W1, L2). According to reports, talisman Jonathan David is expected to be sold by Lille this summer. He scored in the reverse fixture and has 13 Ligue 1 goals to his name this season.
- Hot stat: There’s been four red cards shown across Troyes’ last eight league matches.
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: Troyes 3-0 Lille Predictions and Betting Tips 01.05.2022"