Mallorca – Granada CF Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Mallorca 2-6 Granada CF
Date: 07.05.2022 | Match at: 13:00 | League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 35 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.37 | Bookie: Unibet.
Mallorca – Granada CF Match Preview
- This round 35 La Liga (LL) clash between Mallorca and Granada could almost act as a relegation playoff, but the 16th-placed hosts can ease fears of an instant return to the second tier with victory to extend their cushion to the drop zone to four points with three games remaining. This precarious situation is all too familiar for interim Mallorca manager Javier Aguirre, who just two seasons ago succumbed to relegation with Leganés (18th), ultimately leading to his demise.
- Aguirre has described this contest as a “final” and expressed pride in his players last weekend, despite him personally losing at Camp Nou for a tenth consecutive time as Mallorca went down 2-1 to Barcelona. Mallorca will now look to draw upon back-to-back LL home wins against Alavés and Atlético Madrid for confidence, and the fact they are yet to lose a LL game at home to a bottom-half club this season (W4, D3).
- Sitting in 18th place but just a point behind their opponents, Granada would love a repeat of their 4-1 home win in the reverse H2H, but even a draw could be as good as a win with head-to-head points acting as LL’s first tiebreaker. A last-gasp equaliser to Celta Vigo on the home debut of caretaker boss Aitor Karanka left him feeling “optimistic” about their chances, despite his new club now completing a stretch of 16 LL games with just one victory (D6, L9).
- Granted, that recent win was away to a relegation contender (W 3-2 at Alavés), which alongside a win at Levante earlier in the season should give them confidence to take on another battling club. But converting 38 shots into just two goals across their last three LL games at all venues raises questions over their attacking credentials.
- Players to watch: Mallorca have been dependent on loanee Vedat Muriqi getting them out of “Muriqi” waters after he scored in each of their two recent LL home wins. Meanwhile, Antonio Puertas was a goalscorer in Granada’s last LL away win as well as the reverse H2H.
- Hot stat: The pre-match betting favourite has won just 35% of Granada’s home games this LL season (W6, D6, L5).