Metz – Lyon Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Metz 3-2 Lyon
Date: 08.05.2022 | Match at: 12:00 | League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 36 | Tip: Away Win | Odds: 1.42 | Bookie: Unibet.
Metz – Lyon Match Preview
- Metz’s three-year stay in Ligue 1 looks to be coming to an end after the division’s rock-bottom side failed to win a 14th successive game last time out with their 2-2 vs Montpellier (D6, L8). The gap to safety is not yet mathematically unassailable, but with eight points needed and just nine left to play for, Metz look destined for the drop.
- Metz are also the worst-performing home side in Ligue 1 (W1, D7, L9), and any other outcome than the departure of controversial coach Frédéric Antonetti during the upcoming off-season would be a surprise. Antonetti has already faced a two-month touchline ban for violence this term but he will at least be present to try and improve his 24% win-rate in personal clashes with Lyon (W8, D12, L13).
- With no European commitments and a five-point gap to bridge to the top five, Lyon must go all out for victory here if they are to ensure that they can still be in with a chance of qualifying for Europe come the end of this round. A 3-0 win in the ‘Clash of the Olympics’ last time out was very much welcome, and that standout victory away to Marseille also ensured that Lyon are now just the fifth side to win 1000 Ligue 1 games!
- The league table could have looked better for the ‘Olympians’ if they had more consistency away from home this season (W5, D6, L6). Manager Peter Bosz was recently given the often dreaded vote of confidence too, yet securing consecutive away league wins for the first time this season here would likely alleviate some of the pressure on him. A victory would also be Lyon’s fifth consecutive away win against Metz.
- Players to watch: Thomas Delaine scored his fourth goal for Metz last time out, but he was on the winning side in just one of those four scoring appearances (D2, L1). As for Lyon, Moussa Dembélé has scored seven times across his last six league games, including four team openers.
- Hot stat: Metz have failed to win seven of their 11 league games when taking a lead this term (W4, D5, L2).