Granada CF – Ath Bilbao Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Granada CF 1-0 Ath Bilbao
Date: 10.05.2022 | Match at: 19:00 | League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 36 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.32 | Bookie: Unibet.
Granada CF – Ath Bilbao Match Preview
- Granada made a real statement under new manager Aitor Karanka last time out, thrashing fellow relegation contenders Mallorca 6-2 to leapfrog them out of the relegation zone. Karanka remains undefeated as caretaker boss (W1, D2), despite his side being considered an underdog on all three occasions, and has now steered them to their longest La Liga (LL) period without defeat since Christmas. Whilst acknowledging a “weight had been lifted” off his side’s shoulders, Karanka has demanded more aggression against Athletic Bilbao to solidify their survival chances.
- Karanka inherited a seven-game LL winless home run which was extended to eight with their 1-1 draw against Celta Vigo. Yet since then, Granada appear to have rediscovered their attacking power, helped by the return of winger Darwin Machís and veteran Jorge Molina. However no clean sheet in six of Granada’s last seven LL games hints that a poor defensive display could be the thing that stands in the way of a fourth straight H2H home win.
- Athletic manager Marcelino was satisfied with a 0-0 draw at home to Valencia, declaring his players “gave their all and outplayed their opponents” despite the result, and appears to remain confident of returning his club to UEFA football for the first time since 2017/18 despite Athletic sitting one point outside the all-important top seven spots.
- Marcelino knows a thing or two about defeating Granada though (W4, D2 from his last six personal H2Hs) and should be pushing his players for another strong start after they scored four first-half goals from their last two LL away trips (W1, D1). The icing on the cake, in addition to a crucial victory, would be their first LL clean sheet on the road since January after shutting out both Valencia and Atlético Madrid at home in their two most recent matches.
- Players to watch: Midfielder Luis Milla has scored after half-time in three of Granada’s last six LL home outings, twice from the penalty spot. In contrast, Raúl García opened the scoring for Athletic before the break in their last two LL away trips.
- Hot stat: Both teams have scored in all but one of Granada’s last seven LL games.