Alaves – Espanyol Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Alaves 2-1 Espanyol
Date: 11.05.2022 | Match at: 18:00 | League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 36 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33 | Bookie: Unibet.
Alaves – Espanyol Match Preview
- Time is fast running out for bottom-side Alavés in their bid to beat the drop, and defeat here against Espanyol could consign them to the Spanish second tier. Back-to-back home league wins had given Alavés hope of pulling off a great escape, but a 4-0 thrashing from Celta Vigo at the weekend is sure to dampen spirits ahead of what is a pivotal night in the club’s bid to avoid relegation.
- With 79% of Alavés’ points coming on home soil, returning to the Estadio Mendizorrotza could at least provide some hope that their survival push isn’t dead in the water just yet. Having also gone 14 games unbeaten in 15 top-flight home H2Hs against Espanyol (W9, D5, L1), history would suggest Alavés could start that late push to safety here and perhaps gain the “forgiveness” of their fans after defender Victor Laguardia blasted his side in the aftermath of Saturday’s humiliating defeat to Celta.
- Only Alavés have collected fewer La Liga (LL) away points than opponents Espanyol this season, which perhaps accounts for why Espanyol are only in mid-table and not pushing for a European spot. With no away league win in 2022 (D2, L5), time is fast running out for Espanyol to rectify that dismal record, but with boss Vicente Moreno’s split record against Alavés (W3, D1, L3), this game certainly hangs in the balance.
- Tipping that record the way of Moreno may require Espanyol to keep a clean sheet, as his side managed in their 1-0 victory in the reverse fixture. However the ‘Parakeets’ haven’t kept an away league clean sheet since the opening day of the season, and have only scored more than one goal in 24% of their LL road trips, so Espanyol’s poor away form could be set to continue, especially as they have little left to play for.
- Players to watch: Alavés’ Gonzalo Escalante has scored the second goal of the game in his last three goalscoring appearances, whilst Espanyol’s Raúl de Tomás has seen all four of his away goals this season arrive after half-time.
- Hot stat: Espanyol’s tally of just four first-half LL away goals this season is a league-low.