Arminia Bielefeld – RB Leipzig Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Arminia Bielefeld 1-1 RB Leipzig
Date: 14.05.2022 | Match at: 14:30 | League: GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 34 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.40 | Bookie: Unibet.
Arminia Bielefeld – RB Leipzig Match Preview
- Arminia Bielefeld head into this final round of Bundesliga matches not yet relegated, although their fate was pretty much sealed following last weekend’s 2-1 defeat to Bochum which extended their winless run to ten league matches (D2, L8). They now find themselves three points from Stuttgart in 16th and seven worse off in terms of goal difference.
- The hosts will therefore need lots of fortune and goals to pull off an unlikely escape, yet it’s fair to say that the latter has been in short supply for much of the campaign. No Bundesliga side has found the back of the net on fewer occasions this season (26), and you’d have to go back to mid-January for the last time Bielefeld scored more than a single league goal in front of their home fans.
- RB Leipzig are fighting for points at the right end of the table, and a draw should be enough to secure a top-four finish thanks to their superior goal difference over fifth-placed Freiburg. Beyond securing Champions League football, finishing above Freiburg will also hand Domenico Tedesco’s side a big psychological boost ahead of the two sides meeting in next week’s DFB Pokal final.
- While a draw might be enough for the visitors, they’ll want to finish on a high and avenge the 2-0 defeat they suffered in the reverse. Confidence should be high too after a 4-0 win over Augsburg last time out ended a run of two straight league defeats. This meeting could bring about a much tighter scoreline though if Leipzig’s last few season finales are anything to go by, with each of the previous three finishing by the same 2-1 scoreline – though only once in their favour (W1, L2)!
- Key battle: Having gone the whole campaign without a goal, defender Joakim Nilsson is now aiming to score a third in as many league matches here for Bielefeld. However his primary job will be trying to stop Leipzig’s Christopher Nkunku who has scored four goals across his last three competitive matches.
- Hot stat: Bielefeld have scored a league-low four first-half home goals this season.