Juventus – Lazio Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Juventus 2-2 Lazio
Date: 16.05.2022 | Match at: 19:45 | League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 37 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.40 | Bookie: Unibet.
Juventus – Lazio Match Preview
- It’s been a week to forget for Juventus who followed up a shock 2-1 Serie A (SA) loss to second-bottom Genoa with defeat in Wednesday night’s Coppa Italia final against Inter Milan (4-2 AET). That defeat ended the Old Lady’s hopes of a trophy this campaign, and their fans must now face the realisation that their side will be trophyless in a season for the first time since 2010/11. Juventus will aim to bounce back against Lazio, a team that start the round fifth and just one place below them in the table.
- However, the pressure will be off for Juventus who guaranteed a top-four finish and a Champions League place at the beginning of the month, following their last home victory against Venezia (2-1). Yet the manner of their two losses since, which both came via late collapses, will be a concern for manager Massimiliano Allegri. To keep mounting pressure on him at bay, he’ll hope his side can continue their dominant H2H record which has seen Juventus win more SA games against Lazio (84) than any other side.
- While Lazio can no longer catch Juve in the table, they can be caught themselves by up to three teams below them, so extending their current winning run to three matches has to be the minimum aim to keep the chasing sides at bay. Although the H2H history isn’t on their side, Maurizio Sarri’s men have been ruthless on the road in recent weeks, winning three of their last four away SA games while scoring 3+ goals in each of those wins.
- That scoring return captures some of Lazio’s attacking efficiency this season and there is only one side going into this round that’s scored more league goals than Sarri’s men (72). The ‘Biancocelesti’ haven’t scored more than a single goal in any of their last three final away games of the season though (L3), which could be a bad omen ahead of this one.
- Players to watch: This could be Paulo Dybala’s final home appearance for Juventus, and he could leave on a high considering his record of seven goals in 14 SA appearances against Lazio. Opponent Ciro Immobile has scored three Lazio goals across his last four away H2Hs – two came from the penalty spot.
- Hot stat: Defeat here would see Juventus finish the season having won more away points than home for the first time since 1949/50.