Kazakhstan – Azerbaijan Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Kazakhstan 2-0 Azerbaijan
Date: 03.06.2022 | Match at: 15:00 | League: UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE C – ROUND 1 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.54 | Bookie: Unibet.
Kazakhstan – Azerbaijan Match Preview
- Since the start of 2020, the international football scene hasn’t been kind to Kazakhstan, with their 2020/21 UEFA Nations League (UNL) and 2022 World Cup Qualification (WCQ) efforts both ending in last place finishes in their respective groups. They also secured just one solitary win across those 14 matches played (D4, L9), but 2022 has offered a silver lining as they retained their place in UNL League C via a penalty shootout win over Moldova last time out.
- FIFA’s 125th ranked nation now find themselves opening their Group C3 campaign at home, where a one-sided affair may be on the cards given 14 of the Hawks’ last 19 home fixtures failed to see both teams get on the scoresheet. They should be confident of getting on the right side of that trend against Azerbaijan after losing only two of the last 11 H2H (W4, D5) while keeping clean sheets in each of the last two.
- Azerbaijan haven’t fared much better on the international scene recently, with a 2-1 friendly win over fellow minnows Belarus being their only victory across their last 20 matches (D6, L13). A winless WCQ campaign was preceded by finishing third in their 2020/21 UNL campaign which preserved their League C status, despite scoring only two goals across their six group games (W1, D3, L2)!
- It’s no wonder then you’ll find Azerbaijan way down in 129th place on FIFA’s rankings and coming into this one as the bookmakers’ underdogs. Rarely have they been pushovers on the road despite this though, with seven of their last nine away games being settled by way of a single-goal margin (W1, D1, L7).
- Players to watch: Kazakhstan’s Islambek Kuat has seen five of his six international goals arrive after half-time, while Azerbaijan’s Ramil Sheydayev has scored five of his seven international goals away from home.
- Hot stat: There’s been a scoreless first half in only two of Kazakhstan’s last 14 fixtures.