Cyprus – Northern Ireland Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Cyprus 0-0 Northern Ireland
Date: 05.06.2022 | Match at: 17:00 | League: UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE C – ROUND 2 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.51 | Bookie: Unibet.
Cyprus – Northern Ireland Match Preview
- Cyprus couldn’t continue the momentum of winning the play-out to stay in League C of the UEFA Nations League (UNL), as a 2-0 home loss to Kosovo made it the third time in a row that they’ve started a new campaign in this competition with a 2-0 defeat. It gets no easier here, with the Cypriots beating Northern Ireland only once in history (D2, L3).
- Since the Kosovo result has cast widespread doubt on their chances of avoiding the drop into League D, Cyprus will look to make amends quickly, having won two UNL home matches preceding the latest loss. The affinity towards a 2-0 scoreline may continue too, as four of Cyprus’ last six UNL home matches have produced one!
- Travelling for the first H2H since March 2014, Northern Ireland will hope a change of scene changes their fortunes, after a 1-0 loss to Greece extended their winless UNL record (D2, L9). Many Northern Irish fear that a second consecutive UNL relegation is not far off, while a potential Euro 2024 qualification route just got trickier.
- Although the Green and White Army’s sole H2H loss came way back in February 1973, the two more recent fixtures played this century have ended goalless. Combined with the fact that Northern Ireland have failed to score in three of their previous five UNL group stage road trips, means this match may keep fans guessing until the very end.
- Players to watch: Cyprus’ Dimitrios Christofi has seen his last three national goals come in wins, each time striking beyond the hour mark. Steven Davis could vie for late honours as well, with the Northern Ireland captain scoring three of his last four national goals beyond the 70th minute.
- Hot stat: Northern Ireland have seen half-time results duplicated at full-time in 13 of their last 16 matches.