Wales – Netherlands Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Wales 1-2 Netherlands
Date: 08.06.2022 | Match at: 19:45 | League: UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE A – ROUND 2 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33 | Bookie: Unibet.
Wales – Netherlands Match Preview
- After a nervy 1-0 win over Ukraine last time out, Wales ended a painful 64-year wait for a World Cup finals appearance. The feeling in the Cardiff City Stadium was one of jubilation and triumph, and with talisman Gareth Bale labelling that as the ‘greatest result in the history of Welsh football’, it’s fair to assume Wales will enter this UEFA Nations League (UNL) match in a buoyant mood.
- A weakened Welsh lineup lost 2-1 in their UNL opener to Poland, though boss Robert Page may name a stronger XI this time around as they welcome group leaders, the Netherlands, to South Wales. With four wins from their five UNL home games to date (L1), a strong Welsh performance would surprise few, although that sole defeat did come against Denmark (FIFA #11), the highest-ranked nation to visit in this tournament.
- Ranked one place higher than Denmark, Netherlands head into this clash as firm favourites to capitalise on any potential Welsh hangover. Dutch confidence should be heightened by their stunning 4-1 win over #2-ranked Belgium in the opener and the Oranje have lost only twice in the UNL group stage (W5, D3), neither of which were against a side ranked outside FIFA’s top-ten like Wales (#18).
- The Netherlands’ 100% winning record against Wales after eight historical encounters may inspire further confidence in securing successive UNL victories. Not only that, racking up the goals hasn’t often been a problem for the Dutch in this fixture either, proven by their 2+ goal haul in each of the last seven encounters.
- Key battle: Ukraine had nine shots on target without scoring against Wales stopper Wayne Hennessey last time out – the highest amount of shots saved without conceding by any side in 2022 World Cup qualifying! Those heroics may be needed again if Netherlands forward Memphis Depay arrives in similarly hot form, as he did when scoring a second-half brace to take his UNL tally up to six goals last time out.
- Hot stat: Three of the Netherlands’ five UNL group stage away games ended level (W1, L1).