Japan – Ghana Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Japan 4-1 Ghana
Date: 10.06.2022 | Match at: 10:55 | League: KIRIN CUP (JAPAN) – SEMI-FINALS | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.38 | Bookie: Unibet.
Japan – Ghana Match Preview
- Hosts Japan put up a brave fight against Brazil last time out, going down 1-0 only via a penalty in Tokyo. Albeit with more ambition in the final third, a performance of similar quality in this Kirin Cup semi-final matchup against Ghana would make FIFA’s 23rd-ranked nation warm favourites, as they look to keep the winning feeling alive before venturing to Qatar later this year.
- Japan undoubtedly possess the confidence necessary to deal with the pressure of being the Kirin Cup’s most successful side, as evidenced by a run of five straight clean-sheet victories in World Cup qualifiers spanning between November 2021 and March 2022.
- Sitting 37 places worse than Japan in FIFA’s rankings, Ghana seek to become the very first African side in a list of Kirin Cup-winning nations spanning back to 1992. Trips to Asia have been relatively rare for the Black Stars, but fears of a potential culture shock are somewhat soothed by a positive return from three Far East trips to face the Samurai Blue this century (W2, L1).
- They are outsiders for a reason though, and a six-game winless run earlier this year (D3, L3) is a factor to consider. While a four-game unbeaten record since the start of March (W1, D3) paints a more favourable picture, the sight of Ghana conceding last (after leading inside 20 minutes) in the two score draws does not.
- Players to watch: Celtic duo Kyogo Furuhashi and Daizen Maeda could use their club-level chemistry to great effect, though the latter still seeks his first goal for Japan, while Mohammed Kudus has opened the scoring for Ghana in their last two games. His last four international strikes have been match openers, with two coming in matches ending 1-1.
- Hot stat: In a run including three 1-0 half-time leads, Ghana have not conceded a first-half goal across four prior H2H meetings this century.