Japan – Tunisia Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Japan 0-3 Tunisia
Date: 14.06.2022 | Match at: 10:55 | League: KIRIN CUP (JAPAN) – FINAL | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33 | Bookie: Unibet.
Japan – Tunisia Match Preview
- The first staging of the Kirin Cup (KC) since 2016 concludes with hosts and 11-time champions Japan (FIFA rank: #23) taking on Tunisia (FIFA rank: #35) in the final. In fine form, Japan’s only defeat across their last ten matches (W8, D1) was a 1-0 friendly international reverse against Brazil, after which they beat Ghana 4-1 in this tournament to reach the final. Also bagging four goals – again split evenly across each half – versus Paraguay earlier this month highlights their attacking prowess, which could prove vital as they haven’t kept a clean sheet in four games (W2, D1, L1).
- Although Hajime Moriyasu’s side have enjoyed success at home recently (W5, D1, L1), Tunisia will be the highest ranked outfit they’ve faced anywhere (Brazil aside) in the last 12 months so this should be a hard-fought affair. That said, they’ve won all four previous H2Hs ‘to nil’ including both meetings in this country, each of which saw the scoring confined to one half.
- Bidding to become the first African champions of this tournament, which was first played in 1978, Tunisia are on a five-match unbeaten run (W3, D2) since their Africa Cup of Nations quarter-final exit in January. Beating Chile 2-0 in their semi-final with a fifth consecutive clean sheet certainly made a statement as they marked their KC debut in style.
- However, one weakness for Japan to exploit is Tunisia’s tendency to start slowly as they haven’t scored before the 30th minute in any of their last eight internationals, with each of their last four games on foreign soil also producing the same half-time and full-time outcome. The Eagles of Carthage must therefore hope that their solid defence can keep them in the game early on, so they don’t have to chase the game in the second half.
- Players to watch: Kaoru Mitoma has scored four goals across Japan’s last five matches, three times after half-time, while Tunisia have won all eight games in which Seifeddine Jaziri netted for them.
- Hot stat: Japan have received under 1.5 yellow cards in 14 of their last 15 matches.