Qarabag – Ferencvaros Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Qarabag 1-1 Ferencvaros
Date: 03.08.2022 | Match at: 17:00 | League: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – QUALIFICATION – SEMI-FINALS | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.38 | Bookie: Unibet.
Ludogorets – D. Zagreb Match Preview
- Qarabağ’s bid to reach the UEFA Champions League (UCL) group stage continues as they host Ferencváros in the third qualifying round first leg in the club’s adopted home of Baku. Having seen off Lech Poznań and FC Zürich to reach this stage, Gurban Gurbanov’s side now face Hungarian opposition for the first time in Qarabağ’s UEFA competition history dating back to 1996.
- As the Azerbaijani domestic season is yet to start, some early season rustiness may explain why Qarabağ’s UCL games this term have produced an entertaining average of four goals per game (W2, D1, L1). The aim therefore may be to tighten up a defence which hasn’t kept a clean sheet in six competitive matches (W4, D1, L1), but Qarabağ are at least unbeaten at home since the end of February (W9, D2).
- That suggests a stern challenge could await Ferencváros, who drew and lost the first legs of their opening two UCL qualifying ties against FC Tobol and Slovan Bratislava respectively. A recent 1-0 win over Puskas Academy however, was both an ideal way to open their league campaign and prepare for their first meeting with Azerbaijani opponents.
- Ironically, the last team to beat Ferencváros away from home was Puskas Academy, and as that was back in January, the visiting Green Eagles are looking to uphold an unbeaten run of 13 matches on the road (W10, D3). With six of the last seven of those games witnessing both teams score, there’s potential for more goals at either end here, as both teams vie to reach the play-off round – where Ferencváros fell last term.
- Players to watch: Four of Ibrahima Wadji’s last five Qarabağ goals came before the 40th minute, while Kristoffer Zachariassen has scored in each of Ferencváros’ last three games, twice during the second half.
- Hot stat: Ferencváros have drawn just one of their last 16 UCL games (W7, L8).