Birmingham – Huddersfield Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Birmingham 2-1 Huddersfield
Date: 05.08.2022 | Match at: 19:45 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 2 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.44 | Bookie: Unibet.
Birmingham – Huddersfield Match Preview
- Birmingham City managed just three shots on target during their Championship opener against Luton Town (0-0), so it was no surprise that new manager John Eustace focused on things at the other end of the pitch, stating he was “very proud” of his side’s defensive performance. Four of his five summer signings featured but he’ll be keen for more attacking output as they still haven’t won any of their last seven league games (D3, L4).
- Parts of St Andrew’s remain closed – and will stay shut while increasingly encouraging takeover talks continue – but those fans in attendance will hope for goals as the Blues scored in each of their last four Championship fixtures here (W1, D1, L2). They could well need them against Huddersfield Town as they’ve only won one of the last four H2Hs they’ve hosted (L3).
- Visiting boss Danny Schofield has much in common with his opposite number as he’s the same age (42) and was appointed just four days after him in July. Unlike Eustace though, he couldn’t start his campaign by avoiding defeat as Huddersfield failed to register a shot on target when disappointingly losing 1-0 at home to Burnley last Friday.
- Improvement is badly needed if they’re to match last season’s run to the play-off final and they could do with continuing the strong away form that helped them get there at the end of last term (W3, D1). However, Terriers fans are used to seeing their side start slowly on the road as they haven’t won their opening league road game since 2017/18 (D2, L2)!
- Players to watch: Birmingham’s Juninho Bacuna has three goal contributions (G1, A2) and collected four yellow cards across his last seven league appearances, while Huddersfield were unbeaten in matches in which Danny Ward found the net last term (W7, D3).
- Hot stat: All but one (92%) of the opening round of Championship fixtures featured under 2.5 goals.