Norwich – Wigan Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Norwich 1-1 Wigan
Date: 06.08.2022 | Match at: 12:30 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 2 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33 | Bookie: Unibet.
Norwich – Wigan Match Preview
- While Norwich would undoubtedly have been under no illusions that their quest to secure an instant return to the Premier League would be easy, they were given a rude awakening to Championship life with a 1-0 defeat against Cardiff on opening day. Manager Dean Smith will hope a return to Carrow Road brings a change in fortunes, and with five wins from seven home H2Hs against Wigan (D1, L1), Norwich may be pleased to see the Latics make the arduous journey south.
- Smith will, however, know there are no guarantees where Wigan are concerned, evidenced by his poor personal H2H record against them (W1, D2, L2), though that sole win did come in a home game whilst Brentford boss. Norwich may have to draw inspiration from that fact having not won an opening home Championship game in the last four attempts (D2, L2).
- Wigan’s season aspirations would appear at the opposite end of the spectrum to that of Norwich, but last season’s League One champions should travel to East Anglia on a high. A 0-0 draw against Preston on opening day saw Leam Richardson’s side “give a good account of themselves” and put their first point on the board, but an away game presents a totally different challenge for Wigan.
- During their last stint at Championship level, the Latics infamously went from August 2018 to December 2019 winning just one Championship away game. Richardson will hope things are different this time around, but he will have to buck Wigan’s trend of losing their opening Championship away game, having done so in their last four seasons at this level.
- Players to watch: Teemu Pukki contributed to both goals (G1, A1) Norwich scored against Wigan in the 2018/19 season, whilst Wigan’s Will Keane has seen his last six league goals come away from home.
- Hot stat: There’s been at least two first-half yellow cards in four of the last five H2Hs.