Watford – Burnley Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Watford 1-0 Burnley
Date: 12.08.2022 | Match at: 20:00 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 3 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.38 | Bookie: Unibet.
Watford – Burnley Match Preview
- Despite Ismaïla Sarr seemingly heading towards the exit door, he may have already stolen the Championship Goal of the Season crown against West Brom following an incredible strike from inside his own half, albeit that wasn’t enough to see Watford steal all three points as the Hornets were forced to settle for a 1-1 draw. Sarr’s parting gift may end up being a penalty miss which cost Watford dearly in that match, though boss Rob Edwards was defiant in his message that his side will be stronger come Friday’s visit of Burnley.
- History would certainly indicate Edwards’ side will need to be at their best to beat a Burnley side who have left Vicarage Road victorious on three of their last four visits (D1). Those games were in the Premier League (PL) though, and Watford would like to think they are a different animal at home in the second-tier, with ten successive home league wins at Championship level, conceding just one goal along the way!
- Relegated from last season’s PL alongside Watford, Burnley boast an identical league start to Watford (W1, D1), with Saturday’s draw against Luton (1-1) coming despite boasting 71% possession. Vincent Kompany’s ball dominating philosophy is new to the Clarets and despite that wealth of possession, Burnley only mustered a single shot-on-target in that game which led to the equaliser.
- This game being broadcast live on TV may strangely serve Kompany’s side well given you’d have to go back to March 2014 for the last time Burnley lost a televised Championship fixture (W12, D6), winning each of the five Friday night fixtures in that time! Not only that, Kompany may also choose to draw inspiration from his 100% H2H record against Watford in his playing days (W7).
- Players to watch: Watford’s João Pedro likes to strike first, scoring the opener on his last four Championship goalscoring appearances. Meanwhile, Josh Brownhill opened his Burnley account for the season last time out, and scored a dramatic late winner the last time these sides met.
- Hot streak: Watford have won six-straight Championship games held on a Friday.
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: Watford 1-0 Burnley Predictions and Betting Tips 11.08.2022"