Cardiff – Birmingham Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Cardiff 1-0 Birmingham
Date: 13.08.2022 | Match at: 12:30 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 3 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.37 | Bookie: Unibet.
Cardiff – Birmingham Match Preview
- After a disappointing defeat to Reading last weekend, Cardiff manager Steve Morison stated that he “can only apologise to those who gave up their Saturday to watch his team not turn up”. Those supporters may be looking for a fast improvement too, after seeing their side fall to 18th place last season – their lowest-ever Championship finish.
- They did triumph 1-0 in their league opener against Norwich, so perhaps the Bluebirds can be forgiven for an inconsistent start after a summer which saw a host of new signings arrive. The new-look side must keep their heads here however, as after finishing only behind Blackburn for Championship bookings last season, Cardiff have shown familiar ill-discipline this campaign, picking up a league-high nine yellow cards so far!
- Opponents Birmingham secured a first win under new boss John Eustace with a 2-1 triumph over Huddersfield Town last time out in the league. Birmingham are unbeaten so far this campaign (W1, D1) but some fans may remember an identical record after two games last season, before their side went on to win just two of the following 11 fixtures.
- That win against the Terriers was also Birmingham’s first in eight Championship games (D3, L4) and defensive improvements must be on the menu for a side that produced just one clean sheet during that same run. This may be vital if they are to end a run of seven games without victory against the Bluebirds (D3, L4), particularly as their only two H2H wins since 2008 (D9, L8) both came ‘to nil’!
- Key battle: After scoring just one Championship goal in an injury-stricken season for Bristol City last season, new Cardiff signing Callum O’Dowda already has a goal and an assist to his name this campaign. He’ll face Birmingham goalkeeper John Ruddy who has kept a clean sheet in 57% of his H2Hs against Cardiff (W4, D1, L2).
- Hot stat: Only two Championship sides had a lower win percentage than Cardiff when starting as home favourites last season.