Bristol City – Luton Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Bristol City 2-0 Luton
Date: 16.08.2022 | Match at: 19:45 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 4 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.30 | Bookie: Unibet.
Bristol City – Luton Match Preview
- Bristol City finally picked up their first point of the season in what proved to be a scrappy 1-1 contest away to Wigan on Saturday afternoon. That result would have relieved some of the pressure on manager Nigel Pearson who was coming into the game on the back of three straight Championship defeats.
- Pearson stated it was a feeling of ‘frustration’ at full-time on Saturday after his team squandered another lead – they’ve now scored first and inside the opening 30 minutes in all three league matches so far this season. With that in mind, the Bristol City boss probably won’t be pleased to see Luton Town coming to Ashton Gate as the hosts failed to win after scoring first in each of the last two H2Hs at this venue too (D1, L1).
- Luton manager Nathan Jones was also left disheartened as his side extended their own winless competitive run this season to four matches (D2, L2) following a 1-0 home defeat to Preston. They’ve managed to score just a single league goal so far, prompting Jones to state ‘it’s not quite clicking’ for his side in attack. He’ll need to formulate a way to generate more than just a single shot on target – as was the case against Preston – if attacking returns are to improve.
- The Hatters finished last season with three away blanks across four matches (W1, L3), so this trip on the road will probably be seen as far from ideal for them to get things back on track. Luton’s attacking problem is enhanced by what seems to be an ongoing defensive vulnerability late into matches too – they’ve conceded 11 goals after half-time across their last seven away league fixtures.
- Key battle: The ever-dependable Andreas Weimann has picked up from where he left off last season, scoring four goals in four competitive appearances for Bristol City, with each in the league coming before the break. Out to stop him will be Luton defender Danny Hylton who rescued a point in this fixture last season, that was one of his four league goals with three coming in away matches.
- Hot stat: Luton are one of just two English sides that Bristol City’s Pearson has faced at least four times but never beat as a manager (D2, L2).