B. Monchengladbach – Hertha Berlin Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
B. Monchengladbach 1-0 Hertha Berlin
Date: 19.08.2022 | Match at: 19:30 | League: GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 3 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.53 | Bookie: Unibet.
B. Monchengladbach – Hertha Berlin Match Preview
- Borussia Mönchengladbach wasted a huge chance to start the Bundesliga season with two wins for the first time since 1995/96 by conceding an injury-time equaliser at Schalke to draw 2-2 last round. After conceding a first-half opener they came back with two goals between the 71st and 78th minutes, a period which now accounts for four of their five league goals this term.
- Despite that late equaliser, a win here would still see Gladbach register their joint-best league start after three rounds in club history, but coach Daniel Farke is still unhappy with the situation, claiming that he doesn’t have “too many options in offense” whilst talking up the need for new signings. That might be immaterial here though, as Gladbach have lost just one of the last 11 meetings at home against Hertha Berlin in the league (W8, D2, L1).
- Hertha are winless after two matchdays for the second consecutive season after a 1-1 draw at home to Eintracht Frankfurt. It might be early days, but they are already down the table, as they look to avoid another relegation battle after only confirming their top-tier status last season via a playoff.
- The Old Lady, as they are known in Germany, also have some problems in their squad, as veteran goalkeeper Rune Jarstein was suspended after verbally attacking a member from the coaching team. As well as trying to get over some squad unrest, Hertha will also have to overcome a run of five winless matches on matchday 3 of the season (D2, L3), after losing the last three away from home. There is one potential ray of hope though, as the away team has won both Friday games played in the Bundesliga so far this season.
- Players to watch: Marcus Thuram has scored twice after the hour mark this Bundesliga season and also has three H2H assists – his second most against any league club. Doki Lukébakio scored Hertha’s only away league goal, but now faces one of just four current Bundesliga sides he is yet to score or assist against.
- Hot stat: There have been just two goalless draws in 34 home H2Hs at this venue in the Bundesliga.