Strasbourg – Reims Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Strasbourg 1-1 Reims
Date: 21.08.2022 | Match at: 14:00 | League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 3 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.35 | Bookie: Unibet.
Strasbourg – Reims Match Preview
- Strasbourg have made a poor start in their quest to achieve a top-five finish in France for the first time in 43 years after picking up just one point from two opening games. Manager Julien Stéphan insists the recent 1-1 draw at Nice was “very encouraging” though, as he watched his side extend a strong run of form in which they have suffered just three defeats in 18 Ligue 1 outings.
- Slow starts to a campaign are nothing new for ‘Le Racing’ as they have failed to win their opening three league games in the previous three seasons, including in August 2019 when they drew 0-0 with this weekend’s opponents Reims! Recent battles have often shown that these two sides are evenly matched, as four of the last seven H2H meetings have ended all square, with Strasbourg registering just one victory (L2).
- Reims are looking to avoid an unwanted piece of history, as defeats to Marseille and Clermont mean they face losing their opening three games of a Ligue 1 season for the first time. They already sit rock bottom of the table due to their inferior goal difference so may now hand a start to newly-signed Junya Ito, who grabbed 24 goal involvements in the Jupiler Pro League last season (G8, A16) and made his Reims debut as a substitute last weekend.
- There are clear defensive issues for visiting manager Óscar García to address, given it took Reims seven games in 2021/22 to concede the eight goals they have shipped so far. In fact, only Nice and Marseille let in fewer goals on the road last season and that translated into seven of Reims’ final 12 away fixtures witnessing under three goals, despite both teams scoring in half of them.
- Players to watch: Jean-Ricner Bellegarde has only scored four goals for Strasbourg, but half of them have come against Reims as he netted in both 1-1 draws last season. Meanwhile, Folarin Balogun has hit the ground running after joining Reims on loan from Arsenal, scoring in both of his appearances so far.
- Hot streak: The team who has scored the first goal has not lost the last 11 meetings between these two sides.