Elche – Almeria Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Elche 1-1 Almeria
Date: 22.08.2022 | Match at: 19:00 | League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 2 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.37 | Bookie: Unibet.
Elche – Almeria Match Preview
- Elche were punished in a 3-0 campaign-opening defeat against Real Betis last time out, after some rash defending saw their 21-year-old John Nwankwo sent off after just 16 minutes – the youngest-ever Elche player to see red in La Liga (LL)! Unsurprisingly disappointed with the result, boss Francisco was bullish about the naivety of his defence post-match, stating that “these errors can’t be committed in the top-flight”.
- It’s perhaps no surprise then to hear Elche are reportedly searching for another defender before the transfer window closes, and perhaps with good reason too, as only relegated Alavés (six) and Levante (seven) kept less clean sheets than Los Franjiverdes’ eight last campaign. Elche’s home form has suffered as a result, and one LL shutout in their past seven home games coincides with just two wins in those games (D1, L4), so promoted visitors Almería may arrive with hopes of a first LL away win since February 2015!
- Almería also suffered defeat in their La Liga curtain raiser but can take heart from a 2-1 loss against Real Madrid which saw them lead the European champions for almost an hour, despite fielding the second-youngest LL side on matchday one. Although veteran Almería forward Dyego Sousa is not taking anything for granted here, telling fans that “Elche will be more difficult than Real Madrid”.
- This might sound hyperbole for a title-winning side that held the joint-fewest away losses (six) in Spain’s second division, but Almería’s last appearance in the top-flight saw them relegated with the joint-highest away defeats (13), so these seemingly winnable fixtures may prove critical to their survival bid. History doesn’t appear to be on their side here however, as the Rojiblancos haven’t won on LL’s matchday two this century (D3, L3).
- Key battle: Elche’s will hope Raúl Guti wins his race against fitness as he netted in the last H2H between the sides. He’ll face Almería keeper Fernando Martínez who made 13 saves against Real Madrid – the second best tally by a LL debutant goalkeeper since 2003/04!
- Hot stat: Both sides hold an identical record in the last nine H2H contests (W3, D3, L3), but Elche haven’t won at home during this run!