PSV – Rangers Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
PSV 0-1 Rangers
Date: 24.08.2022 | Match at: 20:00 | League: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – QUALIFICATION – FINAL | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.72 | Bookie: Unibet.
Crvena Zvezda – Maccabi Haifa Match Preview
- As they host the second leg, PSV Eindhoven might feel the more confident of the two sides in this UEFA Champions League (UCL) play-off after drawing 2-2 against Rangers. They’ll be on high alert though, as the last team to beat them prior to a current 12-game unbeaten run (W9, D3) was from the British Isles – that was Leicester City who won 2-1 here in April.
- As they prepare to host Rangers for the fourth time, they’ve actually never beaten them on home soil (D1, L2), so they’ll be taking nothing for granted even though they’ve scored 3+ goals in each of their last four matches here (W4). PSV fans will want to see that trend continue, and if it does, they should uphold their record of never losing a UCL qualifying game at home (W9, D2).
- Last season’s Europa League runners-up Rangers were disappointed to draw the first leg at Ibrox, but they’ve already shown their fighting qualities, overturning a 2-0 first-leg deficit vs Union Saint-Gilloise to win 3-2 in the previous round. They’re also unbeaten in early league action (W3, D1) despite being yet to score before the 30th minute, with that sole draw coming at Hibernian on Sunday after they were reduced to nine men!
- Rangers are certainly weaker on the road though, winning just one of their last 11 European away games (D4, L6), although that was a memorable night not that far from Eindhoven against Borussia Dortmund (W 4-2) in February. They’ll likely need a similar performance again if they’re to prevail and end an 11-season exile from the UCL group stages.
- Players to watch: Armando Obispo scored between the 40th and 80th minute in each of PSV’s last two matches, while Tom Lawrence netted between the 55th and 85th minute in each of Rangers’ last three fixtures.
- Hot stat: PSV have won 15 out of 20 UEFA two-legged ties after drawing the first leg away from home.