Angers – Reims Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Angers 2-4 Reims
Date: 31.08.2022 | Match at: 18:00 | League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 5 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.35 | Bookie: Unibet.
Angers – Reims Match Preview
- Angers’ misery continued with a second 3-1 defeat in as many games, seeing them extend their wait for a first victory of this Ligue 1 campaign (D2, L2). Participating in the top-flight for the eighth consecutive season after a 21-year absence, Angers currently sit in the newly expanded four-team relegation zone and their latest loss to Troyes marked their worst start to a Ligue 1 campaign after four games played since 1965/66!
- A lack of discipline has been an issue for Angers, who have seen red during the first half in their last two games, the first of which now bookends a run of just three wins in their last 11 top-flight home games (D2, L6). They’ve struggled against opponents here Reims in recent times too, having triumphed just once in their past seven home attempts (W1, D3, L3) whilst failing to score more than one H2H home goal since triumphing 3-1 in 2008.
- That lack of prolificacy could spell trouble as despite suffering an equally disappointing start to their Ligue 1 campaign (D2, L2), Reims have only been beaten once in their last five league away trips (W2, D2). Angers may sense an opportunity against a leaky backline however, with only Brest (12) and Troyes (11) conceding more league goals than Reims’ ten this season.
- One of those came in Reims’ 1-1 draw to Lyon last time out, with a lack of composure also noticeable in their performances as they lost a lead after seeing red for the second time this season. Their trend of leaking late continued too, as Lyon’s 86th-minute equaliser marked the fourth league goal on or after the 75th minute that Reims have conceded this campaign.
- Players to watch: Angers forward Loïs Diony has two goals in his last three Ligue 1 outings, but is yet to strike at home this season. Meanwhile, new Reims signing Junya Ito netted the opening goal for Reims last week, becoming only the third Japanese player ever to score in Ligue 1.
- Hot streak: Eight straight league matches featuring Reims have seen both sides score.