Bologna – Salernitana Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Bologna 1-1 Salernitana
Date: 01.09.2022 | Match at: 19:45 | League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 4 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.39 | Bookie: Unibet.
Bologna – Salernitana Match Preview
- After a timid 2-0 loss to champions AC Milan on Saturday, Bologna now face the prospect of going winless across their first four games of the Serie A (SA) season. The 2018/19 campaign marks the last time they experienced such a drab start, and while they rallied to get the club’s only top-half SA finish of its current top-flight spell, they know that first win must come soon.
- Most Bologna fans will also remember the Felsinians spending much of that season in the relegation zone before rocketing up the table. As such, the home faithful may need to find an extra degree of passion to see their team draw first blood considering Bologna’s long unbeaten record from home league matches where they’ve opened the scoring (W10, D6).
- Contrastingly, Salernitana enter this clash after winning for the first time this term in ruthless fashion. The 4-0 win over Sampdoria on Sunday represented their joint-biggest margin of victory in the top-flight, and they will hope to utilise the momentum gained, to now potentially rack up their first set of successive clean-sheet SA victories since 1999.
- The visitors have proven to be stern opposition away from home, with a 0-0 draw against Udinese to start their road campaign making it five unbeaten on their travels dating back to mid-April (W2, D3). That run can potentially drive them to get a maiden H2H away win at the fifth attempt (D2, L2), and avenge last season’s 3-2 loss here despite scoring first.
- Players to watch: Looking to add to his two goals this term, Marko Arnautović was a scorer for Bologna in last season’s H2H victory here. However, Boulaye Dia arguably has greater momentum, netting the opener in Salernitana’s thumping of Sampdoria – his maiden goal in Italian football – before also getting two assists.
- Hot stat: Salernitana have kept five second-half clean sheets across their last six away games won or drawn.